We are seeking a model risk specialist knowledgeable in Basel capital requirements to join as Senior Manager for our Intermediaries Division.
This is a challenging and rewarding role which offers you the opportunity to contribute to the reinforcement of the status of Hong Kong as an international financial centre.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will primarily work with a team of risk management professionals to incorporate advanced Basel capital standards (in particular, internal model approach and FRTB) into the regulatory capital framework for licensed corporations under the Securities and Futures Ordinance. The successful candidate may also be required from time to time to assist the supervision teams in reviews of licensed corporations’ financial models and risk management infrastructures and other supervision work.
Depending on the experience of the candidate, the successful candidate may be assigned supervision or management responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- a postgraduate degree (preferably doctoral degree) in a quantitative subject obtained at a top tier university;
- exposures to advanced risk modelling, market or counterparty credit risk quantification methodology, and exotic derivatives pricing or risk management across multiple asset classes;
- substantial experience in model risk management (in particular model validation) gained in top tier financial institutions OR a reputable regulatory body;
- good knowledge in the latest Basel market or counterparty credit risk capital requirements. Experience in implementing these requirements for a top tier financial institution OR reputable regulatory body will be a plus;
- excellent command of spoken and written English. Experience in policy documents (internal or regulatory) drafting will be an advantage;
- ability to effectively communicate highly technical subjects to stakeholders of different technical backgrounds; and
- a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
Please quote the reference and apply by 6 January 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.