The Fintech unit is seeking high calibre candidates to join as a Manager to support its work in shaping the responsible and sustainable development of the virtual asset industry and wider fintech industry in Hong Kong.
Reporting to an Associate Director or a Senior Manager, you will be part of a team handling licensing applications including applications from virtual asset trading platforms. The team will also formulate policies regarding the regulation of virtual asset-related activities and application of fintech to the Hong Kong financial markets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance in assessing licensing applications from virtual asset trading platform operators;
- Handling and processing corporate and individual licensing applications including applications from virtual asset trading platforms; and
- Keeping abreast of market development and international regulatory development in all fintech matters to identify market-wide, industry and firm-specific regulatory issues and to assist in the formulation of corresponding policies for the virtual asset and wider fintech industry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience in the financial services or related industries;
- Practical experience of virtual asset trading, custody or transfer;
- Understanding of the technical drivers of blockchain technology underlying virtual assets and the virtual asset ecosystem, proficiency with cryptographic techniques are advantages;
- Experience in programming or software engineering, trading system architectures, or automated trading systems are also advantages;
- Knowledge of SFC rules and regulations applicable to intermediaries;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Good writing and presentation skills; and
- A strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
Please quote the reference and apply by 13 October 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.