Reporting to the Director, the Senior Manager will
- assist in the regulation and supervision of information technology (IT) infrastructure in the Hong Kong markets (including those of the exchanges and clearing houses, automated trading services providers and securities registrars); and
- in the formulation of regulatory policy in relation to new technological developments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- monitor technological developments as well as related regulatory changes in major financial markets (including the Mainland markets), and assess their potential impact on the Hong Kong market; and
- supervise the development and operations of critical IT systems in the Hong Kong market (including those of exchanges and clearing houses) to ensure a high degree of security and operational resilience.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- a university degree in Systems/Software Engineering, Financial Technology or Information System;
- broad experience in the IT systems development and operations of exchanges/clearing houses;
- a sound understanding of the IT infrastructure and related regulation of financial markets in Hong Kong, the Mainland and major overseas markets; and
- a strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese/Mandarin.
Please quote the reference and apply by 13 October 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.