We are looking for a Manager with good data science knowledge and experience who will be responsible for applying machine learning technics in the analysis of regulatory data as well as leading the research, design and implementation of Python-based data science solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics Group, you will work independently to carry out the following responsibilities, including:
- collaborating with divisional users in formulating the application of machine learning and other data science techniques for the analysis of regulatory data;
- applying machine learning techniques in the analysis of regulatory data including data extraction, cleansing, feature engineering, model tuning and result visualization;
- leading the design and implementation of production level data science solutions using Python;
- leading the research and development of proof-of-concept prototypes for data science solutions;
- supervising the support and enhancement of existing data science solutions; and
- managing the introduction of new data science tools and solutions;
- providing coaching and training to SFC staff, to promote broader understanding and adoption of data science techniques on regulatory works.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- hold a PhD or Master’s degree or above in data Science, Computer Science, or other related fields with at least 5 years of working experience preferably in banking or securities sector;
- be highly proficient and with hands on experience in applying data science techniques including machine learning, natural language processing and data visualizations;
- have at least two years of relevant development experience in Python, preferably in a corporate environment;
- be creative, proactive, analytical and resourceful in problem solving;
- have good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- be self-motivated and result-oriented.
Please quote the reference and apply by 26 November 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.