We are now seeking candidates for the position of Senior Manager in the Enforcement Division. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our team of professionals in the Enforcement Division of the SFC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Commission has observed a growing degree of sophistication in misconduct being perpetrated, both in terms of syndicated market misconduct and cross-boundary corporate frauds. The Litigation Coordinator (LC) provides the Enforcement Division with strategic and tactical advice, and now seeks an associate role.
The successful candidate will assist the LC, in particular:
- Exercise independent judgment and to direct the conduct of cases in accordance with SFC / ENF priorities and policy.
- Assist in the review and drafting of court documents, Commission reports and papers.
- Critically analyse investigation evidence and legal advice, and advise on most appropriate enforcement outcome.
- Project-manage cases in the criminal and civil courts and in the Market Misconduct Tribunal.
- Assist in the design and operation of management reporting system.
- Hong Kong qualified lawyer of no less than 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience in contentious regulatory work, commercial litigation & financial crimes essential.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese is required. Proficiency in Putonghua is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think critically, willingness to raise constructive challenge.
- Ability to work independently.
- Resourceful and solutions-based approach to work.
Please quote the reference and apply by 10 March 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road,
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.