Duties & Responsibilities:
We are now seeking candidates for the Manager position in the Enforcement Division (Digital Forensic Team). This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our team of professionals in the Enforcement Division of the SFC. The Enforcement Division investigates and combats market and listed company crimes and investigates intermediary misconduct cases. These investigations are intellectually challenging and crucial to Hong Kong’s status as an international financial centre.
Enforcement staff work in teams of market experts, investigators, accountants and lawyers to detect and investigate suspected market and listed company crime and intermediary misconduct and to conduct and support resulting enforcement proceedings.
Those working in the Digital Forensic Team will:
- perform forensic data extraction, data processing and preliminary analysis of electronic seizures by using various digital forensic tools;
- provide front-end Relativity support to investigators and legal counsel;
- prepare witness statements to set out the facts of the digital forensic procedures in support of criminal or civil proceedings; and
- collaborate with internal IT Department, external IT forensic vendors and other law enforcement agencies / regulators to create cross-functional value-add solutions with technology, data, and analytics components.
- University degree preferably in computer science or information technology, and relevant professional qualifications in digital forensic / eDiscovery / cyber security (such as EnCE, RCA or other forensic related certification).
- At least five years of experience with consulting firms, law firms, corporate legal departments or law enforcement agencies.
- Strong understanding of digital forensic tools (such as Relativity and Nuix), techniques and methodologies, as well as relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and abundant experience in conducting forensic investigations, analysing digital evidence, and presenting forensic findings in a Court of Law.
- Competent analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively and articulate complex issues simply.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python is an advantage
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Chinese
- Less experience will be considered as an Assistant Manager
Please quote the reference and apply by 28 July 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road,
Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.