This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre candidate to join the Fintech unit of the SFC and contribute to shaping the responsible and sustainable development of the virtual asset industry and wider fintech industry in Hong Kong.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Licensing and Head of Fintech unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- developing and enhancing the SFC’s regulatory framework governing virtual asset-related activities;
- evaluating developments in and implications arising from the application of fintech to the Hong Kong financial markets and formulating appropriate policy responses; and
- leading a team in processing licensing applications including applications from virtual asset trading platforms.
The successful candidate will work closely with other teams and Divisions within the SFC as well as market participants and the Government.
- A university degree in law, accounting, finance or economics;
- Solid knowledge of the operations of financial markets and regulation of licensed intermediaries as well as a curiosity in and an aptitude to learn new technologies;
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in the financial services or related industries;
- Exposure gained in regulatory bodies, major law or audit firms, international investment banks or asset managers is preferable;
- Knowledge of fintech and virtual assets will be an advantage;
- A strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity;
- Excellent ability to communicate to stakeholders;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese is required. Proficiency in Putonghua is an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 30 June 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.