We are looking to recruit an experienced non-contentious regulatory lawyer to join us as Senior Counsel. This is an excellent opportunity to join the statutory body which regulates and promotes the development of the securities and futures markets in Hong Kong.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise on a wide range of legal issues that affect the Commission as a statutory body and the exercise of its statutory functions.
- Interpret and advise on relevant securities, companies, AML and other legislation and administrative law, and the codes and guidelines issued by the Commission.
- Advise operating divisions of the Commission on the legal aspects of policy initiatives and handle specific projects.
- Advise on the preparation of primary and subsidiary legislation administered by the Commission.
- Advise on contractual arrangements, memoranda of understanding and other cooperative arrangements to which the Commission is a party.
- Supervise a team of more junior lawyers conducting advisory work, including active participation in management meetings and assisting with the management of the Legal Services Division.
- More than 10 years’ post qualification experience in Hong Kong as a solicitor, with substantial and relevant experience handling financial services regulatory work.
- Good academic record.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to handle complex matters independently and give practical, well-reasoned and researched written legal advice including when operating within tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Experience of supervising more junior lawyers.
- Knowledge of the operation of the local securities and futures industry and markets an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 14 July 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.