Acting as the gatekeeper for the securities and futures industry in Hong Kong, the Commission’s Licensing Department is responsible for licensing intermediaries and ensuring that only fit and proper individuals and corporations are permitted to carry on the business activities that are regulated by the Commission under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO).
An opportunity is now available for suitably qualified professionals or recent graduates to join the Licensing Department as Management Associate. The successful candidate is expected to provide a full range of support in handling licence applications and notifications, and operational matters within the Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle licensing applications and intermediary conduct issues;
- Interview applicants and licensees, and attend to enquiries on licensing and intermediary matters;
- Assist in matters relating to the operational work of the Licensing Department, including preparing analytics reports for management review;
- Maintain close working relationship with market participants and colleagues; and
- Assist in developing licensing and intermediary policies, procedures and associated projects.
- University degree and/or professional qualification preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance or Law;
- Minimum one year solid and relevant working experience will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the operations of the securities, futures and financial industries and associated market practices preferred;
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Hardworking, with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity; and
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua will be an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 25 August 2023 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.