Intermediaries Supervision Department is seeking a high calibre candidate to join as a Manager to support its challenging profile of work.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be part of a team to supervise intermediaries with a focus on their business conduct, financial and operational risks. An area of increasing importance for this role will be the supervision of regulated activities related to virtual assets. The team also covers FinTech, such as electronic data storage in cloud, robo-advice, and machine learning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help shape the evaluation, ongoing monitoring and supervision of intermediaries in the emerging asset class of virtual assets. Assist in the evaluation and supervision of virtual asset trading platform operators, and supervise virtual asset fund managers;
- Supervise the business conduct, financial and operational risk of intermediaries such as hedge fund managers, mutual fund managers, retail brokers and credit rating agencies in traditional asset classes;
- Proactively identify market-wide, industry and firm-specific risk issues and assess their impact on intermediaries, including developments in the rapidly evolving virtual asset space;
- Monitor global as well as local policy, industry and market developments to assess intermediaries’ practices and operational controls with respect to new products or activities, and contribute to the assessment of local and global sectoral risks; and
- Monitor global and local financial market dynamics, including virtual asset markets, and gather market intelligence from intermediaries, especially during market stress
- At least 7 years’ industry experience in financial or operational risk control;
- Detailed knowledge of financial products in multiple asset classes from a trading, risk management or operations perspective, preferably gained from experience in global financial institutions on buy or sell side;
- Experience in programming or software engineering, systems architectures (such as OMS/PMS/EMS or risk management systems), or automated trading systems (such as HFT, stat-arb, quant);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proven ability in data analytics, able to deliver actionable insights and apply sound judgement to prioritization;
- Able to conduct independent research, and ask probing questions;
- Capable of taking the initiative to manage and deliver tasks on time with limited supervision;
- Able to articulate and present arguments and analysis confidently, clearly and concisely;
- Strong command of written and spoken English;
- Well organized and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently; and
- University degree and/or professional qualification in Accounting, Economics, Finance, IT, Law, CFA, or FRM.
- Practical experience of virtual asset trading, custody, fund management or payments;
- Solid understanding of the technical drivers of blockchain technology underlying virtual assets;
- Knowledge of SFC rules and regulations applicable to intermediaries;
- Experience in business operations, risk management and internal controls of asset managers or brokers;
- Graduate degree in computer science;
- Knowledge of cyber risk management.
Please quote the reference and apply by 24 December 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 13 Aug 2021