As part of the over-the-counter derivatives (“OTCD”) regulatory reform, the SFC is revamping the Securities and Futures (Financial Resources) Rules (“FRR”) to set up the prudential regulatory framework for supervising licensed corporations carrying out OTCD activities. To support this policy initiative and the subsequent supervision work, we are looking for a professional who has extensive experience in modelling or risk management functions for an OTCD business and, ideally, is also familiar with Basel or Basel-based regulatory capital standards in relation to OTCD to join the Intermediaries Supervision Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring global regulatory developments in market and counterparty risk management and capitalisation, conducting policy research and assisting in keeping the FRR on a par with international regulatory capital standards.
- Assessing intermediaries’ risk management to promote risk awareness and prudential standards. Maintain professional relationships with the industry and peer regulators
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- a degree (postgraduate degree will be an advantage) in finance, economics, law or a quantitative subject obtained at a top tier university;
- extensive exposure to valuation or risk model development or vetting or risk management of financial products and vanilla and exotic derivatives for an OTCD business;
- at least five years’ relevant experience gained in top tier financial institutions or a reputable regulatory body;
- good understanding of and hands-on experience in market or counterparty credit risk capital computation for the purposes of compliance with regulatory capital standards or internal capital management will be an advantage;
- experience in (internal or regulatory) policy documents drafting will be an advantage;
- ability to effectively communicate highly technical subjects to stakeholders of different technical backgrounds;
- excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese; and
- a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
Please quote the reference and apply by 10 June 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.