Exciting opportunities are now available for qualified professional to join the Licensing Department as a Manager (Two-Year Contract). The successful candidate will be supervised by an Associate Director or a Senior Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse regulatory and external data to create reports that provide insights of how the industry or the Department operates
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data presentation techniques and identify areas to improve data quality
- Work closely with portfolio teams to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Design data analytics solutions making use of appropriate platform and analytical tools and visualisation to meet the Department’s needs
- Build prototypes and proof of concepts to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to produce customised reports to the Department
- Participate in the Divisional or Commission-wide data-related projects
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or other related fields
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience with focus on business intelligence and data analytics, preferably in banking or securities sector
- Have previous working experience as a business analyst for the implementation of data analytics system is preferred
- Technical proficiency in data science-related software and tools such as business intelligence (e.g. Power BI), reporting tools (e.g. SSRS), programming languages (e.g. Python) and knowledge in data modelling and Extract-Transform-Load technology
- Experience in natural language processing is preferred
- Have hands-on project experience working with IT and non-IT personnel in building data solutions for the purpose of developing and applying analytical models
- Be proactive, analytical, alert to potential problems and resourceful in making well-considered suggestions
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and result-oriented
Please quote the reference and apply by 22 July 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.